Friday, December 7, 2007

male discrimination

I read the article about men being thought of less than women. Lately, I have seen a lot of shows in which the mom in the show is very pretty, smart and attractive. The dad, on the other hand, is overweight and not very smart. It seems to be a pattern and I really don't know why.

To say that men are superior and are becoming inferior is not something that I would say. I believe they should be equal and that neither sex be higher than the other, however, if just becuase men are taking different roles in the family on television shows, they say that they are becoming inferior, what do they say to women when they roles were switched? Were women the lesser of the two? Were the males dominant in society?

Are women saying that they are now he superiors? No! I haven't really heard any woman say that they used to be dominated by men and now it is the other way around. It is simply that women have more strenght. I truly believe that. If a woman is hurt, she fights through it and moves on. However, when a man is sad or upset, they don't just suck it up and move on, they dwell on the fact that they are no longer at a status in which they have become accustomed.

I think men are just too emotional. If the roles are changed at all, it is in that matter. Men are becoming more sentimental and women are becoming stronger than they were and their mentality of life resembles that of what men thought before.

No comments: